This is an archived site. Visit the current website at

IP & Social Media


22 March 2016 (Tue)
9am - 12pm

ManuLife Centre
#01-01, Manulife Centre Singapore
51 Bras Basah Road
Singapore 189554

Course Fee: $197.75

This is a past course. View upcoming courses.


Eligible media practitioners, including full-time media freelancers, are subject to up to 90 % grant of the toral course fees ( excluding GST) with the MDA Talent Assistance ( Training) Scheme. Please scroll down to the end of this page for more information on the application process.



Learn about the Intellectual Property protection considerations when using social media platforms as well as the common Intellectual Property risks involved.  With the knowledge gained, prepare and implement a social media policy for your business. This workshop is suitable for business owners using social media tools for business growth and professionals and executives in the field of corporate communications.


At the end of the course, participants should be able to:

  • Know the impact of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 on how users can share and republish content on social media platforms
  • Understand their rights as users vis-à-vis social media platforms
  • Know how to protect and build up your brand online
  • Identify, understand and manage the various IP risks involved in trade mark infringement and the use of third party materials and User-Generated Content (UGC)
  • Know how to prepare and implement a social media policy for your business

About the Trainer:

Registration Details

Minimum – Maximum Number of Participants: 15 – 30 pax


The Organiser will refund 75% of the course fees if written notice of withdrawal is received at least 1 week before the commencement of the course.  The remaining 25% will be charged as an administration fee.  The above will become enforceable upon registration, and is regardless of whether course fees have been received by the Organiser. No refund will be made for any withdrawal after this period except in mitigating and extenuating circumstances (e.g. bereavement, illness and accidents), subject to management’s approval.  Documentary evidence must be produced in such circumstances. 
Substitutions are welcome at any time. However, such requests must be made to the IP Academy in writing.

The Organiser reserves the right of cancellation. A full refund will be given to registrants if the course is cancelled by the Organiser.  The IP Academy reserves the right to make changes to the programme.